I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
2. When a noun names more than one person, place, object, idea, or feeling, it is called a ________ noun.
7. Verbs that change their spelling in past, present, and future tense like, eat, ate, and will eat, are called ____________ verbs.
8. A word that names a person, place, object, idea, or feeling.
9. The part of the sentence that makes it work - often it is the action word.
10. The nouns that show ownership are called __________ nouns.
13. Past, present, and future are different types of ___________.
16. A ________ is a word that substitutes or stands for a noun like I, me, you, he, or it.
17. A sentence that asks you something is a ____________.
18. A paragraph has _______ when it has only one main idea.
1. Some verbs are not action verbs. Verbs like am, is, are, was, and were connect different parts of a sentence and are called ___________ verbs.
2. This type of noun begins with a capital letter because it names a particular object, place, person, or event.
3. Verbs that change to past, present, and future tense in a set pattern like, talked, talk, and will talk, are called _____________ verbs.
4. A ________ is made up of two words with at least one letter taken out (deleted) and an apostrophe -- like the word, you'll.
5. This type of word adds a detail to a noun like, the BIG boat.
6. A Word that connects one or more words to other words in a sentence like, before, of, on, and with.
10. When three or more sentences are placed together with a single main idea.
11. Every __________ will have a subject and a verb.
12. These types of nouns are general names for objects, places, and people and begin with lower case letters.
14. The part of the sentence that tells who or what is doing the action.
15. In the sentence, I am painting a picture, the action verb is painting. The verb am is called a ____________ verb.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live